Monday, November 26, 2012

The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!


Can we please just take a moment to reflect on the fact that it is officially the Christmas / Holiday season?  Take a deep breath in through the nose; you can almost smell the baked goods and Christmas cheer.  Okay, the cheer is a very faint smell.  You may not actually be able to smell cheer.  But the baked goods!  You can totally almost smell baked goods.
Baby tree is up, gifts are wrapped, life is good.

This is one of my big cliché things, I just love Christmastime.  I like decorating.  I get a freakish high from finding the perfect gifts for people.  The music makes me smile.  I love the festive food.  I donate to the bell ringers at the grocery store.  I’m tempted to smell pine even though it destroys my sinuses.  I’ll watch Elf, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, and The Santa Clause at least once apiece, likely more.  I will go to Christmas Eve service with my grandma and wear one of her funny Christmas sweaters for the occasion.  And since I’m no longer in school, and I don’t really have plans for Christmas day because I suddenly got old and my whole family won’t be in town on that day so we moved it to a different day, this year I will finally sit down and read all of Charles Dickens’ A Christmas Carol on Christmas!     

Frankly, I could not be more excited about that last thing.  It’s something I’ve wanted to do for years but I always have felt like I was too busy or had too much to do.

That’s really all I’ve got, I just needed to share my yuletide joy with the world. 

No comments:

Post a Comment